Sep 30, 2009

"Don't Sweat The Small Stuff"

Have you ever been in a situation that makes you so 'grossed out' and drains your energy just to think about how you will deal with it?

When I was on the road and bumped into a careless driver who almost hit my car, it raged me instantly and I felt all the anger raised up to the top of my head. At that time after, the only thing in my brain was thinking about 'my right' to be mad at that person because he was driving carelessly and was putting me closely in danger. For the rest of the journey my brain was busy wondering and making some strategies on how to deal with that person if I could catch him again. Without thinking wisely, I drove much faster in order to get closer to his car, but I was failed to do that as the traffic was quite heavy at that time.

Reading the "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff" book by Richard Carlson, Ph.D is putting my memory back to that incident again. Why did I waste my energy to do that for? When I thought I was going to teach a lesson to the others, without my conscience, I had done the same terribly thing by driving carelessly too in order to catch the other driver. Why can't I just accept the difference characters of others? Why should I shortened my age just to grizzling my own brain in thinking about them and all the troubles they had caused?

It's true, when we do not think too much about small things, we would feel that our life becomes imperfect. Yet, you will learn to accept what has been provided by the life itself and to minimize all the troubles surround you.

I should have thought how stressful and depressive for that person because he had to drive that fast. I should have considered how heavy the pressures he/she probably felt at that time in putting him/her and the other drivers into a very high risk condition.

Don't sweat the small stuff! Don't think too much on a small things in your life. As what it says in Zen Philosophy : "let it flow. Change all the changeable thing, accept the unchangeable thing and be wise to see the differences between them..."  We will spend so much energy to think about all the small things that happened in our life and we could lose our sense of beauty in life itself.




No comments: